Improve your language skills with the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary. Understand what words mean. Learn how to say them. Know how to use them.
The Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary (OALD) is a world best-seller and is now available as a Windows Phone app, with the full A-Z dictionary, real voice audio (not text to speech), and My View to customize your screen.
• Listen to real British and American voices pronounce words, with no Internet access required
• Access spoken example sentence audio online, or download all 116,000 example sentences to listen offline (approximately 430MB each for British and American sentences)
• 184,500 words, phrases and meanings explained clearly
• 198,500 example sentences
• 57,000 synonyms, opposites and related words - find words with similar or opposite meanings in the integrated Thesaurus
• Learn words in their natural context with over 83,000 collocations (words that go together) included
• Use Full Dictionary Search to find your word in any phrase or example sentence in the dictionary
• Use the Oxford 3000™ keyword entries to learn the most important words in English
• Find the Academic Word List words easily – they are all labelled
• View and enlarge 1300 illustrations to build your topic vocabulary
• Study usage notes, verb forms, and word origins
• All the dictionary text is live- tap to instantly look up any word
• Use My View to choose how much information appears on your screen – hide IPA, example sentences, pictures, synonyms, etc. – tap to show the full entry again
• Bookmark your Favourite entries to easily find them again
After installing the app, an additional download of approximately 500MB is required, which may incur charges depending on your service plan. Downloading via WiFi is recommended in order to avoid any such charges.
Check with your mobile phone operator for details of any charges for downloading mobile data.
More info / Source
Rated by 34 people
5.81 MB Installed
4.13 MB Download
- English (All)
- English (United States)
QR Code Link
Scan with Bing Vision to Download:
Share and Comments