TimeAndTide: tide predictions
V1.4 adds 170 locations in Norway and fixes recent connection issue
v1.3 fixes change of URI for source data
v1.2 adds 500 locations in Australia
• TimeAndTide shows 7-day tide predictions for about 5000 places worldwide. It shows a table of high and low tide times and heights, and a tidal graph. The app needs a web connection.
• It can use your phone's location to select the nearest place that we have data for, and to show other places in order of proximity to you (with distances shown in miles or kilometres), and can show places using Bing Maps.
• When you open the app, it shows the tide table for today and the next 6 days for your currently-selected place. Turn the phone sideways to see the tidal graph. For some places, limited source data means that no tidal graph is available.
• You can select places from the proximity list, or from a map of the world, or by searching our list of places and the Bing list of places. You can save and clear favourites.
• The database has about 7000 places, but ownership of the data lies with many government organisations round the world. We have permissions for about 5000. If a place is shown blue in our maps or lists, then we have permission to show the data. If red, we do not. We are trying to get permissions for more places.
• Use the trial version to check coverage in the areas that interest you. The trial version allows all the facilities of the app, for a limited time.
• This app is for leisure use, and is not designed for navigation or SOLAS purposes.
- location services
- data services
More info / Source
Rated by 6 people
1.17 MB Installed
435 KB Download
DK, AT, CH, DE, AU, GB, HK, IE, IN, NZ, SG, US, ZA, CL, CO, ES, MX, FI, BE, CA, CH, FR, HU, IT, NO, BR, PT, RU, SE, TW
QR Code Link
Scan with Bing Vision to Download:
Share and Comments