Unofficial Samsung Remote
This is an unofficial app to allow you to control any modern Samsung TV's over WiFi with your Windows Phone. As long as your phone is on the same network as your TV, you can do anything a TV remote can do and more! Change channels, adjust the volume, navigate around the Smart Hub, and even fill out certain text fields with your phone's keyboard (note: only available where the TV supports this feature; note that the built-in YouTube app, among others, doesn't support this even with the original remote). Use the same app to connect to as many Samsung TV's as you have in your house and control them all!
Here are the TV's that this should work with:
* LED 6500 series or higher (model code starts with 'U')
* LCD 650 series or higher (model code starts with 'L')
* PDP 6500 series or higher (model code starts with 'P')
When in doubt, look for an option like "network remote" on the TV's menu. You may try toggling this off and back on if it doesn't work right away.
NOTE: If the TV is currently in the "Smart Hub" and you've never connected the remote before, you may need to exit the hub first, approve the phone connection, and then launch back into the hub. Furthermore, this app cannot turn your TV on - the TV's wireless remote server is only running when it is powered on. These are both a limitation of the TV, not the app.
This app was not written by an employee of Samsung and is not an officially-licensed, -endorsed, or -approved Samsung product. All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their owners.
Update v1.6 changes:
- Fixed the app to work on WP8 devices.
- Pressing and holding volume up/down is now supported.
Update v1.5 changes:
- Fixed the app to work with ES-series TVs.
Update v1.4 changes:
- Added a trial mode that's equivalent to the full app, but with ads (still on the TV list only). You can now purchase the app to remove the ads on this page.
More info / Source
Rated by 202 people
2.85 MB Installed
1.6 MB Download
- English (All)
- English (United States)
QR Code Link
Scan with Bing Vision to Download:
Share and Comments