With the 2012 Encyclopaedia Britannica App for Windows Phone all of this trusted information now fits in the palm of your hand. The Encyclopaedia Britannica App gives mobile users the ability to find information and explore subjects without compromise. Users can feel confident that their answers are accurate and vetted by professional editors and expert contributors.
- 80,000 articles in a fully searchable database
- Tens of thousands of images, diagrams, and charts
- Ability to download articles for offline viewing, store your favorites and access your search history
- Research noteworthy events and birthdates from "This Day” in history
- An A-Z browse allows users to browse the entire contents of the Encyclopaedia Britannica
Encyclopedia Britannica comes to Windows Phone
Published by David Gilson at
If the crowd sourced encyclopedia, Wikipedia, isn't good enough for you, you may have been wanting to access the Encyclopedia Britannica on your Windows Phone 7 device - especially since Encyclopedia Britannica recently partnered with Bing. Well the wait is over, as Encyclopedia Britannica is now in the Windows Phone Marketplace. For a fee of £3.99 / $4.99 / €4.99, you can have access to the entire database for just one year. Also, there's no offline caching - you will need to be online whenever you want to access any of the encyclopedia's content.
Source / Credit: AAWP App Directory