The Windows 8 Store lists the app as having the following features:
- Get your music, photos and videos from your computer to your phone (and vice versa).
- Quickly share things from your phone with Windows 8 apps (like Photos or Search). You don’t even have to open the Windows Phone app to move things around.
- Automatically save photos and videos you take with your phone to your PC.
- See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content, so it’s easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
- Get to WindowsPhone.com to download apps, learn more about your phone or find it if it’s lost.
Your computer and your Windows Phone 8 work together seamlessly with the Windows Phone app so you always have your photos, videos, music and more right where you want them.
We'll have additional coverage on the Windows 8 Windows Phone app as part of our in-depth Windows Phone 8 coverage.
The Windows Phone app for Windows 8 can be downloaded from the Windows 8 Store.