Richard Kerris, Nokia’s VP & Head of Global Developer Relations, said:
"With the launch of NAX, Nokia will enable developers to simply and effectively monetize their apps as part of our continued focus on supporting the developers ROI to build successful businesses We developed this platform, with inneractive, to put control into the hands of all developers so that they can realize the best monetization solution for their apps."
Key features of the service include:
- Full cross-platform support (including Windows Phone, Series 40, Symbian, iOS, Blackberry, and Android)
- Optimization across 120+ ad networks
- Payment enabled in over 200 countries
- Smart, contextual ad servicing for optimum effective cost per mile
- Easy to implement – just one line of code
- Manage your own ad campaigns to promote your app
In effect NAX is acting as an aggregator for ad delivery, providing developers with a single contact point, and one stop solution, for advertising based app monetisation. NAX provides a 70/30 revenue split in favour of developers, and can be integrated into existing applications with just a few lines of code. It can also be used to run "house ads" (developer's own ads), which can be used to cross-promote applications.
The service also includes a powerful analytical component, which allows developers to get information about where and how their application is being used, as well as monitor ad performance and revenue generation.