Their client is built around exploring and listening to the content available on the SoundCloud platform, with various filters and sort options to apply alongside your search term. Audio can be streamed over any Internet connection, and the usual caveats apply about data usage on a cellular connection.
You can also record sounds from inside the app to upload them to your own account. Because of the Windows Phone security model, you won't be able to upload existing sounds from the handset. Nevertheless with a live tile you can use to start recording sounds, you will be able to get your audio snippets up and online without a huge amount of effort.
From the directory listing:
- Search and discover new music & audio
- Discover and follow diverse music & audio creators
- Listen to sets (collections of tracks), or create your own and share them with your followers
- Listen to a stream of new tracks wherever you are; streaming audio playback over WiFi or cellular data connection
- Record your own sounds with one touch and share to Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr
- Includes optional Record Widget for the homescreen
- Lockscreen playback supported (play, pause and skip tracks without unlocking the screen).
You can download the client from the Windows Phone Store for free right now.