From the Store description:
Listen to articles from Pocket and Feedly on the go with Verbalize!
- Your ‘read it later’ list keeps on growing?
- Can’t seem to find the time to keep up with the news?
- Would you like to listen to news, but they’re always talking about stuff that you just don’t care?
Verbalize is the answer!
- Integrates with ‘read it later’ and ‘news’ services
- Syncs in background for offline use
- Hands free mode / Headphones mode
- Carefully crafted user experience
Although I don't use Pocket, I do use Feedly - a lot! So I took Verbalize for a spin - the trial version supports up to 50 unread articles and with a few restrictions on feed syncing:
In use, Verbalize works really well, the tempo and accuracy of the reading is excellent, with my only complaint being the natural one that having a computer read everything is somewhat monotonous after a while, it's easy to 'tune out'. Maybe this would be a good option for falling asleep to?(!)
I did find a few issues, one where it was tricky to authenticate with Google to get into Feedly in the first place if two-step authentication was turned on, and one where going back to the feeds screen resulted in a never-ending 'resuming....' pane. But I worked around the first and the second is got round by restarting the application. Early days though, I'm sure there are more bug fixes coming soon.