Since we last looked at a major Tubecast Pro update, here's the changelog to get to v18.104.22.168:
- Compatibility with latest YouTube API 3.0
- New cast devices supported: ROKU, GoogleTV, Pairing (for not DLNA Youtube app like PS4, some Smart TV, etc.)
- Newsfeed empty for some users fixed
- Chromecast bug fixes
- Memory optimization for low-end devices (no more out of memory, specially in landscape)
- Improve list virtualization performances
- UI and Bug fixes
- Subscription Newsfeed bug fix
- Extended DLNA implementation for most recent TV (PHILIPS & more incoming TV)
- "Black screen of death" (Denim bug) for Video HD fixed for AtivS, 925,535,520
- Workaround for preloaded videos dissapeared (Denim bug)
- Languages updates (Russian, Portuguese-Brazilian, Dutch)
In use, I have to confess that I find Tubecast Pro to be very 'glitchy'. I start casting a YouTube video to my ChromeCast and then... that's it. There's nothing more I can do to change playback in terms of the seek bar or selecting another clip. In fact, I have to manually disconnect from the ChromeCast and then reconnect in order to be able to choose another video.
After posting the initial story, I went through a debug cycle with the developers and all is now well. Quite bizarre how Tubecast Pro was so troublesome for me last night and now it works perfectly. There's a suggestion that load on YouTube's servers has an impact. As always, data points welcome!