The full changelog, since the last update, is:
- Improvements to live tile and notifications, which should update more reliably now.
- Added an option to keep live tiles 'alive' by showing recent articles on the tile when there are no new article notifications to display (enabled by default).
- Tidied up all the live tile settings to make it a much simpler process to just enable live tiles. Various options are better setup by default, but all options are still there to change as you like (via 'more options').
- Given the settings page a good old tidy up. Moved 'Live Tile' and 'Cache' options into their own tabs. Help, About and History have now been moved to their own separate page.
- Article text resizing is here! You can set the text size from the Settings > General page or in-context while viewing an article, which gives you a bit more control. Still needs a bit of work, but the basics are in!
- Tided up the article command bar buttons. Moved 'open web page' into secondary command list.
- Fixed an issue with article publish date, which was not always being shown in UTC (even though it was labelled as so).
- Improved design of the 'zoomed out' list on feed pages, so it's more in-keeping with the 'zoomed in' list view.
- And loads more little tweaks and improvements.
Please note that text resizing is still very "version 1" at the moment and improvements are coming! Do feed back your comments so far, to Joe, below.
You can grab 'AAWP Universal' from the Store here, it's a free download.
In terms of current stats:
- Another 250 or so downloads this week - taking lifetime downloads to just under 1250 now.
- Another 10 reviews this week - taking the total to 60... Avg rating of 4.8 now. We had someone leave a 1 star review, staying that it "doesn't work on Lumia 950" (boo to them!)
- Over 8,000 sessions in the last week.
Some screens of the new version in action:
Why not add your own rating of 'AAWP Universal' in the Store and leave a text review? It all helps discoverability!
You can update the AAWP Universal app in the Store in the usual way. Do note that, as usual, app descriptions and changelogs in the Store itself are up to 12 hours out of date. I do wish Microsoft would fix this....
PS. By the way, aside from Rafe being in the podcasts, virtually all the content for AAWP is now being written by me, as you've probably gathered. I/we'd love to have some more guest articles, especially over the summer, so do please get in touch if there's a topic, device or application that you feel strongly about. You can reach me at email@example.com .