SlimSocial is a star on Windows 10 Mobile. From the Store description:
Why download SlimSocial for Facebook?
- It is lightweight, less than 1MB
- It has simple, modern design: there is only what you need
- It is Open Source: the online audience this app code is on GitHub, anyone can verify the authenticity of the app and contribute to its development
- It is free and without advertising
- It is not intrusive
- Respect your privacy: this app does not require special permissions. Facebook without consensus can not access any data of your mobile phone
The full changelog (ok, it's not huge, but....) is:
- Added option to enable or disable the full screen mode
- Added the ability to scroll vertically in the Settings
- Added the ability to save photos and videos (beta)
- Added a warning message before leaving the app
- Fixed a bug in the Facebook toolbar lock function
Here's the new version in action, today, in March 2017 - it's by far the easiest and fastest way to access Facebook on mobile:
As usual when playing with Facebook itself, I'm appalled by the seemingly random way the timeline gets presented, changing from minute to minute, it seems. None of this is SlimSocial's fault, of course, and at least you haven't had to install a bloated monster app in order to find the Facebook err.... content!
As before, this is largely a web-based serving of Facebook, there's no native support for notifications, contact or calendar syncing. However, depending on your views on Facebook, these may even be a boon - do you really need pings every time someone posts on Facebook?
You can grab SlimSocial for Facebook here in the Store. It's free, though there's an option to donate to the developer within the app itself.