Nokia has announced official pricing for the two of the third party accessories from JBL:
- JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging Speaker: €299 (equivalent to £240 or $385, and £285 inc. VAT)
- JBL PlayUp Portable Wireless Speaker: €149 (equivalent to £119 or $190, and £142 inc. VAT)
Note that the JBL PlayUp Portable Wireless Speaker does not include wireless charging.
UK retailer Clove lists the following accessories:
- Nokia Lumia 820 Charging Shell - £19.99 (£16.66 excluding VAT, approximately €20 or $26)
- Nokia Wireless Charging Pillow by Fatboy - £79.00 (£66.66 excluding VAT, approximately €80 or $105)
- Nokia Wireless Charging Plate - £54.99 (£45.83 excluding VAT, approximately €55 or $75)
- Nokia Wireless Charging Stand - £69.99 (£58.32 excluding VAT, approximately €70 or $95)
- JBL PlayUp Portable Wireless Speaker: - £144.99 (£120.83 excluding VAT, approximately €149 or $190)
Combined this gives us a good picture of the pricing for the new Nokia accessories. There's no information on availability, but at the launch Nokia said they would be available alongside the Lumia smartphones.
However the Nokia wireless charging accessories are not the only options. Because the Nokia is using the Qi Wireless Charging standard there are a large number of third party accessories that will be compatible with the Lumia devices.
For example, in the UK, play.com sell the Maxell Air Voltage fpr £39.99, and there are some Energizer products on Amazon.co.uk. In other markets Qi Wireless Charging accessories are even more readily available because there are already handsets on the market using the technology. You'll find the widest range in Japan, where Qi Wireless Charging is built into many high end smartphones from NTT DoCoMo.
And if you're wondering how wireless charging works, don't forget to read our primer on the subject.