From the Store entry:
The Sound Recorder app helps you record, store and share voices from your device's microphone.
*FREE & FULLY FUNCTIONAL*
*LIGHT WEIGHT, RELIABLE, EASY TO USE*
*SUPPORTS SAMPLE RATE UP TO 96 kHz*
*HIGH CLARITY STEREO & MONO RECORDING*
*SKIP SILENCE WHILE RECORDING*
The utility is free, thanks to banner ads on-screen, which don't really get in the way too much. Here's a summarised changelog for the brand new v1.7.1703 since we last covered this application:
- Option to choose mono sample rate (right up to 96kHz stereo, higher quality audio with the slight downside of larger capture files)
- Multiple file operations, including 'playing files', 'move to media library', 'delete file', etc.
- Option to automatically save to media library
- Jump to any part of a recording by tapping/moving the slider (this was the big limitation in the previous version)
- Option to provide default file name
- Removed non-required dependencies
- Asynchronously writes to file (so more reliable when other stuff is happening in the background on your phone)
- Improved error handling
And some screens of it in use now:
You can download The Sound Recorder here.