Here's my original story from January, talking about the release as a true 'universal' Windows application. And here's the changelog for this new v2.0:
- Now adapts properly to different screen sizes
- Uploads possible for files other than photos
- Select multiple files for upload
- Download files directly to your device or SD card
- Save or open files to and from Dropbox within other phone apps
- Ability to select phone contacts when inviting people to shared folder
- Improved download speeds
- Bug fixes
A few screens of the new version in action, to wet your appetite:
The main UI, which hasn't changed much at first inspection; uploading now includes this choice, files of any type can be sourced from OneDrive or from the phone's (limited) file system; inviting people in my People contact store to a Dropbox shared folder....
This even slicker and free (and official) Dropbox client, this is to be welcomed, especially if you have a wealth of content in the service already, archived from other devices and platforms. You can grab Dropbox for free in the Store here.