From the Store description:
footPATH is a complete pedometer with a gaming kind of environment that lets you compete your WALK with the world. Every STEP counts and every WALK is challenged and you race in a virtual walking environment to become the CHAMPION. An active competition motivates you to walk more and more and more, and you become more HEALTHY and FIT.
- Accurate count of every step you walk or run with lockscreen support
- Differentiates between walking and driving, footPATH intelligent enough to count only the steps you walk not drive
- Two different modes, GPS mode and Accelerometer mode. The later can be used while working out on Treadmill
- Not just steps, you can track Calories Burned, Distance Travelled and Speed at which you travel
- Thrilling statistical analysis about your walk with stunning charts to make you walk more
- First of its kind, GLOBAL and FACEBOOK Friends Leaderboard to keep you engaged, motivated and ready to challenge
- Add your friend as your virtual WALKMATE and challenge him/her in realtime
- Animated slideshow to show the location, lifestyle and other stats
- Built in MUSIC PLAYER for easier access to your favourite songs while walking
Here's footPATH in action:
The biggest problem in real world use is the buggy use of accelerometer data. I did 100 steps and found that only 20 had been tracked. I then left the phone on the desk and it racked up another 10 while going nowhere. Hmm....
With some work (and take-up by your friends), this has potential, but it does need work. You can grab footPATH in the Store here.