From the Store entry:
Welcome to the Next Generation in Mobile Cricket Gaming! Every cricket lover can now have the most advanced mobile cricket game at the palm of their hands! You can play the maximum number of cricket shots including the famous Dil-scoop, the Helicopter shot and the Uper-Cut! This is a game built for you the cricket fan! You have loads to look forward to! You can customize your players and cheer you team with customized banners! You can also look forward to scintillating animations, more cricketing venues, new controls and new camera angles! ‘World Cricket Championship 2’ has features that makes it the most the most dynamic and versatile game in the world of mobile cricket. Be prepared for insane fun!!
Indeed. The full list of bullet point features is so impressive that it bears quoting in full - this may not be the most realistic cricket game ever in terms of scorelines, but just check out all the stuff you can do and see(!):
- 45+ different batting shots, including the most wanted Helicopter shot, Dil-Scoop, Upper-cut etc.,
- Enjoy the Blitz Tournament for free!
- The much awaited Autoplay mode for bowling and batting!
- Electrifying fielding with stunning diving catches & quick throws to surprise the opponent.
- Challenging AI opponent
- Realistic ball physics which responds to the pitch (Dead, Dusty, Green)
- Player attributes – Players gain extra skills for consistent performance and this enables them to improve progressively
- 18 different international teams, 10 domestic teams. More than 4 tournaments including World Cup, World T20 Cup, Blitz Tournament and ODI Series. Test Cricket will soon feature in this mode!!
- The Gangs of Cricket mode where the user can form gangs and compete in challenges.
- The Open Challenge Mode enables the user to challenge other gamers.
- Batsman may get injured for poor shot selection.
- The emotions of the fielders vary according to the circumstances of the match.
- Cinematic cameras and real time lighting enhances the visual appeal.
- Realtime Infographics representations include: - 3D Wagon wheel with dynamic game data - Hawk-eye view for bowling summary & for LBW appeals - 3D Bar chart for innings run scored
- Ultra slow motion Action replays with multiple camera angles
- Over 40+ in-game camera angles
- Two different batting controls (Classic & Pro)
- Two different batting camera settings (Bowler’s end & Batsman’s end)
- Fielders are configured with advanced ball - head coordination system.
- Professional Audio commentary
- Dynamic ground ambient sounds
- Batting Timing Meter, (following by a lofted shot) - Perfect timing- Results in a sure six but it is not very easy to execute. - Late timing – This might result in a catch or a top-edge - Early timing – A very low powered shot.
- Field placement to control your opponent AI batsman - 10 field options - Manual field placement to plan & bowl accordingly & to master yourself as captain
- User can edit the player names and their roles.
- Misfielding, stunning wicketkeeper catches, quick stumping & tight 3rd umpire decisions to create realistic cricketing experience.
- Over 100+ motion captured animations
- Enhanced ball connection with bat even with low configuration devices
- Battle tested and updated engine to provide fluid 30fps gaming on most mid-range devices.
I gave the new version a quick spin and was impressed - it's quick and enjoyable - and with a modicum of skill, even if it is utterly frustrating that a perfectly bowled ball gets batted away for 6 and if the opposition manage 30 runs an over even on 'Medium' difficulty...
You can grab World Cricket Championship 2 for free in the Store here. In-app purchases aren't too exorbitant, only go up to £5.50 in the UK, and you can do a lot of casual playing without paying a penny...
PS. There's also a VERY arty promo, which is worth watching....