- We have improved battery performance for those who tend to quickly turn the screen on and off in order to look at the Lock screen.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where zooming in and out of embedded maps could sometimes result in the map jumping to an unexpected location.
- We fixed an issue resulting in volume mute not working on certain devices, such as the Lumia 640, when playing YouTube videos that use the OPUS audio codec.
- We fixed an issue where if you are connected to a car via Bluetooth that supports it, tapping “End Call” on the car’s console wouldn’t work while an incoming text was being announced.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being about to make Store purchases using mobile operator billing when using an Orange SIM.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Groove sometimes unexpectedly pausing music after music has manually been paused and resumed.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the keyboard sometimes outputting @ and € instead of “a” and “e” for certain languages in Windows Phone 8.1 apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in many Windows Phone 8.1 games seeming to play in slow motion on certain devices, such as the Lumia 535.
- We fixed an issue where notifications received while the screen was off didn’t take into consideration the proximity sensor, resulting in the screen turning on to display the notification while in pockets, potentially leading to accidental screen presses.
- We fixed an issue where Visual Voicemail setup wouldn’t appear after hard resetting the device.
- We fixed an issue resulting in tiles pinned from within apps sometimes being blank and not falling back to show the app name within the tile. Also fixed an issue where “SIM 2” title was missing from pinned Messaging and Phone tiles for the second SIM.
- We fixed an issue resulting in incorrect Start screen scaling after switching from Continuum/Extended Desktop to Mirrored/Duplicated screen on devices with a non-default DPI.
- We fixed an issue resulting in there sometimes being a delay when showing the missed call count on the Phone app Live tile.
As ever, there are some known issues for mobile, including a biggie relating to PDFs:
- Voice Recorder does not show up consistently as an option for Call Recording.
- You can open PDFs in Microsoft Edge but won’t be able to use touch to interact with the PDF (such as scrolling, pan or zoom). When you try to use touch to interact with a PDF, it will constantly reload the PDF.
My devices are updating as I write this. I'll report back, no doubt! The last build hasn't been without problems on the editorial devices here, but hey, this is the 'fast' ring for Insiders, so what do you expect?! I do maintain at least one device on the 'slow' ring too, so that I can monitor progress. Plus even more phones on the production builds.
Media controls continue to annoy me, plus that PDF bug still hits me hard, since I often use Edge for this purpose. Comments welcome from you lot!
As ever, head into Settings/'Update & Security'/'Phone update' in order to check the download and install progress of the update on your Fast ring device....
As per all my recent charts and comments, note that Redstone builds are NOT available for the non-Win-10-approved phones (e.g. Lumia 920). no matter how many times you install the 'Windows Insider' utility and enthusiastically tap the 'Fast ring' entry.... The highest version of Windows 10, even unsupported, for older (mainly x20) handsets is 'Threshold' ('the 10586.xxx branch, still being offered for a few more weeks under the 'Release Preview' ring). See my feature on all this if you're unsure where your phone will end up in Microsoft's roadmap.