Here's the changelog for v4.0, over and above the version I featured back in March 2017 - and bear in mind that Spoticast UWP is for phone, PC, tablet, Xbox and more:
- This is a major release with a fresh new interface optimized for XboxOne and gamepad.
- The old [hamburger menu + cursor navigation] interface is still available (switch in the Settings).
- The new interface uses the new background audio model (switch automatically sound in the background, no need to select it).
- The UI is designed for gamepad, with handy shortcuts (don't forget the hamburger button on the gamepad to open submenus).
- Bugfix : Chaining songs with Spotify Connect works now
- Bugfix : playlist add works again
- Bug fix for Genre and Moods and Radio not working
- New Feature : Spotify Connect is available with the cast button :) ! - Only for Spotify Premium users (you have to sign in again inside the app, sorry for that ^^) -
- Memory Optimizations
Spoticast is an interesting hybrid application - part Spotify client, part YouTube (etc.) - but it may well fit in with your use case. This update does seem a little more Xbox focussed, given that the 'Modern UI' is unashamedly optimised for game console and TV display, but the facelift is optional and there's a setting to go back to a traditional phone/laptop hamburger menu system if you prefer.
Some screens of v4.0 in action:
You can buy Spoticast UWP for Spotify here in the Store - and there's a 24 hour free trial if you're not sure etc.