Here's a summary of what's changed from v2.8.8, featured here, to the present v184.108.40.206:
- Windows 8 merged design and code
- Horizontal Navigation
- Improve annotation handling
- Improve DLNA (with new SmarTV)
- New pinch gesture and doubletap for fullscreen videos
- Bigger newsfeed for logged users
- 'Network error' fixed, it was due to YouTube API quota
- All the player zone is clickable for play/pause
- New Icon
- 1440p (QHD)
- 1080p (Full HD)
- Cast QHD Full HD & 60fps to DLNA devices
- Preload QHD, Full HD & 60fps videos
- Channel Menu : New design (windows 10 style) with smooth animation.
- Thomson TV & Android TV added to tubecast list
- Bug fixes
An impressive changelog, even if few of us have 4K TVs capable of handling this output from a Chromecast. Note that, as usual, it's the Chromecast doing the streaming and Internet access - this app will work from any Windows Phone, however lowly, in principle.
Interestingly, with the latest Chromecast firmware, I found Tubecast Pro less reliable than before:
You can try/buy Tubecast Pro here in the Store. Is it just me? How well does the app work with the Chromecast in April 2015?