Here's the detailed changelog for v1.2.6 since we last featured Podcast Lounge 2:
- New: Historic playlists now show time remaining to be played
- New: Added find functionality to the episode listing view
- Fix: Purge duplicates episode Ids in a playlist
- Fix: Send email UI in About section doesn't suppress the window whilst sending....
- Fix: Corrected situation where an app reset/reinstall overwrote DeviceSync configuration to reset state.
- Fix: Download library reset method completion message had superfluous prefix text.
- Fix: When creating a favourite and the user opts to add a new category, sometimes the category list isn't updated.
- Fix: On very bad internet connections, mediaplayer would get locked on "opening" the stream and would jam the player in playback mode. Hitting pause would have no effect. Now times-out after 20 seconds of trying.
- Fix: Addressed duplicate episode issue where server returned MediaURL containing non-constant parameters. Also better copes with a media server change.
- Fix: Corrected grammar on cached episodes message.
- Fix: Corrected odd sizing of the border in Current Playlists section
- Fix: Removing single item from 1-item current playlist triggered an exception
- Fix: Fixed scenario where there is no internet, no local cache file, but user not warned with a toast message.
- Fix: Completed episodes didn't show as finished in the player
- Fix: Attempted correction for "method called at unexpected time" exception
- Fix: Issue where downloadprogress routine suffered a div by 0 exception in certain circumstances
- Fix: Adjusted toast messages where in some cases they were set to show for 2 secs, not 4 secs.
- Fix: Corrected alignment of error text on player page and UVC footer.
- Fix: If an episode fails to play, then playback is stopped rather than bouncing to the next track.
- Enh: Adjusted log file routine to not purge old logs when debug flag set
- Enh: Made buffering message on player screen more obvious
- Enh: Auto-generated playlists are given a title linked to the parent podcast
- Enh: Reworked the add podcast by URL routine for greater portability
- Enh: Built in support to allow app to cope with a corrupted database
- Enh: Logging inserts date if delta between actions is > 1s
- Enh: All OneDrive routines now better cope with poor quality connections reducing the number of connection errors.
As ever, a few illustrative screens:
As a reminder, from the Store description for Podcast Lounge 2:
- Clean and easy-to use interface allows you to browse, search, stream, download and enjoy your favourite podcasts effortlessly.
- Features the most powerful podcast search facility available; capable of finding even the most obscure podcasts.
- Smart Playlists help you automatically generate your playlist curated to just your requirements; get up and running with your podcasts with just a few presses.
- Advanced background synchronisation function means that your podcasts are downloaded and ready for you when you need them.
- Features a tutorial and help system that caters to people who are just starting, or are familiar and want to learn more.
- Lots of customisation options allow you to make Podcast Lounge work the way you want to.
Podcast Lounge 2 is free to download from the Store as a trial, but background syncing and download functionality will stop after the 30 day free trial expires. Or just buy it outright as a commercial purchase.
It will work on Windows 10 Mobile - and via Continuum displays (like the NexDock 2) - and on traditional Windows 10 laptops, desktops and hybrids.