AAWP Insight #43: Lumia 510, 125k apps
Published by Rafe Blandford at
In episode 43 of the AAWP Insight Podcast, Rafe and Ewan kick off by discussing the Lumia 510, Nokia's new low cost Windows Phone device. Ewan then talks about the potential issues around EE's LTE pricing and Lumia 920 UK exclusivity, while Rafe declaims on app numbers in a recap of our post of the 125,000 milestone. In the latter third of the podcast we answer a number of listener questions about QWERTY devices and the potential impact of a Surface phone. We finish, as usual, with an app pick from each of the team.
Download the MP3 file for this podcast (Size: 41.2MB)
This podcast was recorded on Friday October 26th 2012.
In this podcast we cover:
- Nokia Lumia 510
- Discussion of EE's LTE pricing and Lumia exclusive in the UK
- 125,000 apps published to Windows Phone Marketplace
- AAWP has a Windows 8 app
- Question from Stephen: Is there room for a QWERTY (physical keyboard) Windows Phone device?
- Question from miee2808: Steve Ballmer has being talking openly about Microsoft integrating the best software with the best hardware. When this happens what would make a consumer buy a Lumia device over a Microsoft Surface phone? And, as a smart phone manufacturer, where does this leave Nokia?
- App picks: Carcassone, RISK