Microsoft has released its monthly update for the Surface Duo, to build 2021.419.70 in the USA and 2021.419.72 in Europe.
The update is a big one and includes:
- Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin – May 2021.
- Improves device stability and UI stability.
- Improves scenario when one screen would turn black while using Surface Duo in book mode.
- Fixes scenario when a “Double-tap to switch screens” message was appearing when in book mode.
- Fixes the scenario when using the TalkBack with 3-button navigation where the list of recent apps was showing on the left screen when invoked from the right screen.
As usual, Surface Duo users can grab it by checking for updates in Settings.
Interestingly, the Duo was supposed to launch with Android 11 on board but it never did - and '11' is still conspicuous by its absence. Apparently it's still coming, but at this point it's a long way behind the other premium-priced smartphone pack at completing the version upgrade.
Other pieces from us on the Surface Duo:
- Surface Duo news and much miscellany...
- Surface Duo 'for Business' launched in many new markets
- The Surface Duo officially headed to Europe (and the UK)
- Rounding up the Surface Duo
- Surface Duo: kiosks, unboxings and parallels
- A video verdict on the Surface Duo from a parallel universe?
- Surface Duo (Surface Phone) finally launches, full-on enterprise focus
- Surface Duo specifications underwhelm?
- Microsoft's Surface refreshes, plus the Surface Neo and Surface Duo (phone)!