Here's what's new in the last few months, in case you wanted to check LINE out:
- Timeline feature (Share your moment with friends!)
- Group Album and Group Post features
- Reasons displayed in the Friend Recommendations list
- Added French language support
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Video calling feature supported (OS 8.0, 8.1)
- Addded Italian language support
Some screens of LINE in action (via Conversations):
From the promo text:
The free LINE messenger app, which now has 560 million registered members worldwide, has added useful tools called Timeline and Group Home.
With Timeline, you and your friends can see a chronology of your latest adventures–captured via photos, text and stickers–and the ability to comment on them.
Group Home consists of two features, Album and Note, and is a more private way to communicate and share photos with distinct groups of friends and family. For instance, you can create a group within the app just for your book club. In this closed circle, you can share suggestions on what novels or non-fiction books to read next, comment and vote on the leading contenders, and post funny or amusing stickers when words just won’t do.
Are there too many instant messaging and sharing clients in the world now? I guess competition has to be good, but it's all a little wearying for those desperately trying to stay on the same page.