New firmware is now available for the x3, apparently: 0002.0000.0026.0118.
From WindowsCentral's post, here's the changelog and a note:
- Photo quality in full dark environment with flash on is improved.
- Auto focus tuning updates.
- APN configurations updated for Orange, MegaFone, Vodafone
- Memory utilization is optimized.
- Performance of application launches is improved.
- HP Elite x3 Barcode Scanner Jacket is supported.
As usual, if you are in the Insider Fast Ring you may not see the update, which is a known issue with the Elite x3 for some specific reason. If that is the case your best bet is to roll back using Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT), grab the firmware, and then jump back into the Fast Ring. That method does require a hard-reset, unfortunately.
So if you have the x3, go check for updates in Settings.
I'm looking forward to having the x3 back, with Windows 10 Creators Update (Redstone 2) officially in place (so I'm assuming April-ish) and with the Lap Dock also fixed up in terms of its firmware.