From an email sent out to some (though not all, curiously) MSN content users:
We wanted to let you know of some changes. Three of our MSN apps will be discontinued this fall along with some features on the MSN Food & Drink and MSN Health & Fitness websites. If you have stored any of your data in the apps or on the affected websites, please read important instructions below to retrieve that data before the apps and features are discontinued and your data Is no longer accessible.
- The MSN Food & Drink app on Windows, iOS and Android devices will be discontinued on September 28, 2015.
- The MSN Health & Fitness app on Windows, iOS and Android devices will be discontinued on November 1, 2015.
- The MSN Travel app will be discontinued on September 28, 2015.
These MSN apps will be removed from their respective app stores in the same time frame as the dates above and will no longer be accessible from your phone, desktop, and tablet devices. Although the apps are being removed, you’ll still find a wealth of content in the Health & Fitness, Travel and Food & Drink sections of the MSN.com website. Here, you’ll find the latest news and special features for all three of these interests.
MSN Food & Drink and MSN Health & Fitness website changes
- The Shopping List and Collections features on the MSN Food & Drink website will be discontinued on September 28, 2015.
- The Diet Tracker and Cardio Tracker on the MSN Health and Fitness website will be discontinued on November 1, 2015.
For more details on how to save or migrate this data, Microsoft linked to this page for tips and instructions. Unhelpfully, the page currently comes up as not existing - maybe it's being worked on?
The other four MSN applications, MSN News, MSN Weather, MSN Sports and MSN Money will continue on all platforms - in truth I'd only ever used the News and Weather ones - maybe that's typical of the low useage that Microsoft had seen of their MSN apps in general?
Of course, the three affected applications will carry on working until the deadlines, plus general content aspects will carry on for much longer, assuming you have the apps installed, here are helpful download links:
Obviously, once you're past the deadlines, the applications won't be available for re-installation in the event that you have to rebuild or replace your phone.