AAWP Insight #75: Time Machine
Published by Rafe Blandford at
In episode 75 of the AAWP Insight Podcast, hosted by Ewan, Steve, and Rafe, we offer some further thoughts on last week's Microsoft Nokia news. The first part of the podcast has us jumping in a time machine to say what we might change in hindsight, while the second half discusses the impact on other Windows Phone licensees. There's also time for an acknowledgement that there's a lot of other things going on in mobile too.
Download the MP3 file for this podcast (Size: 32.3MB)
This podcast was recorded on Tuesday 10th September 2013.
In this podcast we cover:
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business and license patents
- Why did Microsoft acquire Nokia's Devices & Services business?
- After 'that' purchase by Microsoft, where now for HTC?
- Has Microsoft just guaranteed more Windows Phones from Samsung?
- Nokia to draw down on all of EUR 1.5 billion bond financing from Microsoft
- AllThingsD and New York Times on the background to Microsoft Nokia deal
- Microsoft's Joe Belfiore on the benefits of Nokia's devices business being part of Microsoft
- Real world low light PureView and Xenon testing: Nokia 808 vs 1020