From the press release:
With wide-angle, front-facing cameras and a slim, pocketable style, the Lumia 730 Dual SIM and Lumia 735 let people easily capture and share more. The front-facing, wide-angle, 5-megapixel camera is great for Skype video calls, letting people share more of the world around them or bring more family and friends into a call.
Lumia 730 Dual SIM and Lumia 735 will begin rolling out globally this month, featuring a 2220 mAh battery, 8 GB of internal storage and 15 GB of free OneDrive storage.
The Lumia 730 Dual SIM will be priced around 199 euros before taxes and subsidies, while the Lumia 735 with LTE/4G and wireless charging support will be priced around 219 euros before taxes and subsidies.
The Lumia 73x pair look to be quite tempting, especially for smartphone owners with lower pretensions in terms of main camera imaging. When people take 'selfies' it's almost always with the front camera, very disappointing on most phones - the 73x pair tackle this head one with what look like good quality cameras. Watch for a review in due course.
Of course, with a good FFC come extra video call possibilities, highlighted by Microsoft here:
Integrated right into the heart of the Lumia 730 and Lumia 735 and Windows 8.1, you’ll be able to switch from voice to Skype video calls with just one tap and enjoy clear audio in noisy surroundings, thanks its brace of built-in microphones and clever Lumia voice-processing technology.
A free three-month Skype Unlimited World subscription is available in selected markets, making it easier than ever to make international phone calls with friends and family on their mobile and landline phones.
In terms of general smartphone use, the 730 and 735 benefit from 1 full 1GB of RAM, so all games and applications should be within reach. Even internal storage is kept at 8GB, so definitely mid range rather than 'budget'.
Specifications (for Lumia 735, Dual SIM 730 lacks 4G/LTE)
- Operating system: Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim
- Networks: LTE RoW, GSM 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz, WCDMA 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 2100 MHz, LTE 3, 7, 20 [Americas] LTE 2, 4, 5, 7, 17
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal user memory; 15 GB, OneDrive cloud storage, micro SD expandable up to 128 GB
- Display: 4.7” HD OLED (1280 x 720, 16:9), 316 PPI, Curved glass (2.25D), ClearBlack, SuperSensitive Touch, High Brightness Mode, Sunlight readability enhancements
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8926) 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- Primary camera: 6.7 MP FF ZEISS, f/1.9, Full HD video (1920 x 1080 @ 30fps), LED Flash.
- Secondary camera: Full HD 5 MP wide angle (2596x1948) f/2.4, Nokia Camera, Nokia Storyteller, Nokia Creative Studio, Lumia Selfie
- Size: 134.7 x 68.5 x 8.9 (volumetric) mm, Weight: 134.3g
- Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS/GLONASS, BeiDou, WIFI 802.11 b/g/n, microUSB, BT 4.0 LE, Nano SIM
- Battery: Removable 2220 mAh battery, exchangeable shell, Wireless charging supported (Qi Standard)
- Audio: 3.5 mm AV connector (AHJ), Dual microphone, FM Radio, Internet radio
Nokia Sales Package Accessories
• Charger: AC-20
• Battery: BV-T5A 2220 mAh
• Guides: Booklet
• Note: there may be differences in country / customer variants