This is a UWP app, as the name suggests, and is for any phone upgraded to (or running natively) Windows 10 Mobile. Since the last time we featured 'our' app, back in November.
As per changelog below, there’s quite a few UI updates in this, mainly around the menu. There are plenty of other little tweaks and improvements throughout and Joe finally got round to adding image caching, which should give a better offline experience. Also, see the ‘zoomed out view’ of the app/game directories – he managed to get category images included!
- Given the UI a bit of refresh, including improvements to the menu
- Added swipe-to-open for the hamburger menu - triggered from swiping in from the very edge of the left side
- Added the gallery and podcast feeds - full podcast/audio support is still on the to-do list, but not available yet
- Added the app/game directory articles to the main menu
- Added image caching, which can be enabled from the Settings > Cache page
- Added the ability to pre-cache new articles during the background update. This will also pre-cache images, if enabled
- Added recently viewed articles - like favourites, your recent list is also synced between devices
- Updated image viewer so images can be double-tapped to return to the original article
- Updated image viewer to include an indication of the zoom level of images. You can tap/click this label to alternate between 100% and a 'show all' view
- Updated storage/caching services and removed some old and unused files and settings
- Loads more little improvements and fixes throughout
Here are some salient and relevant screenshots of the new version of AAWP Universal in action:
You can grab or update 'AAWP Universal' from the Store here, it's a free download. Why not add your own rating of 'AAWP Universal' (in the Store) and leave a text review? It all helps discoverability!
Comments welcome for Joe, he'll read and take it all in, we promise!
PS. By the way, aside from Rafe being in the podcasts, virtually all the content for AAWP is now being written by me, as you've probably gathered. I/we'd love to have some more guest articles in 2017, so do please get in touch if there's a topic, device or application that you feel strongly about. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org .