AAWP Insight #40: Xpress, map platforms, WP8 launch
Published by Rafe Blandford at
In episode 40 of the AAWP Insight Podcast, we start with a look at the beta release of Nokia Xpress. Our main discussion topic is around maps platforms and how they extend far beyond apps on the smartphone. We also debate the impact of AT&T's Lumia 920 exclusivity, especially in the light of the wider availability of the HTC 8X. There's also room for the details of the Windows Phone 8 launch, 4G in the UK and Kantar market share data, before we finish, as usual, with an app pick from each of the team.
Download the MP3 file for this podcast (Size: 34.3MB)
This podcast was recorded on Friday October 5th 2012.
In this podcast we cover:
- Nokia Xpress released, speed tests (app link)
- Discussion of map platforms, including comment on Nokia, Google, Apple, TomTom
- Kantar Worldpanel market share shows mixed fortunes for Windows Phone
- Windows Phone 8 set for October 29th launch
- Nokia Lumia 920 exclusive to AT&T; HTC 8X more widespread; comments on exclusivity
- UK EE 4G roll out (and Lumia 920 and 820 availability), Vodafone and O2 networking sharing and 4G
- US Cellular get ZTE Orbit
- App picks: MetroSpec (review), Toshl (review), Snake (flow)