AAWP Insight #28: Windows Phone 8
Published by Rafe Blandford at
In episode 28 of the AAWP Insight Podcast, we start with a summary of Nokia's Windows Phone related strategy announcements from last week. Rafe and David then discuss the announcements of Microsoft's Surface tablets. But, the main portion of this, longer-than-usual, podcast is devoted to the Windows Phone Summit and Microsoft's preview of Windows Phone 8. We discuss the common core, new hardware support, the Wallet Hub, enterprise credentials, native code support, Internet Explorer 10, the new Start screen and more.
Download the MP3 file for this podcast (Size: 41.5MB)
In fact there was so much to discuss we couldn't fit everything in... so we'll be be publishing a second AAWP Insight Podcast over the weekend that discusses the impact of Windows Phone 8 and the details of the Windows 7.8 upgrade path.
In this podcast we cover:
- Nokia doubles down on Windows Phone and Series 40 and Nokia reduces headcount, factories in cost reduction drive
- Microsoft announces Surface tablets
- Windows Phone Summit (Windows Phone 8)
- Microsoft previews key Windows Phone 8 platform features
- New and updated Nokia exclusives announced at Windows Phone Summit