AAWP Insight #62: Nokia Lumia 720
Published by Rafe Blandford at
In episode 62 of the AAWP Insight Podcast, hosted by Rafe and Ewan, we start by talking about the latest set of mobile phone shipment numbers from IDC, which leads to a discussion of the smartphone and feature phone definition divide. Our main topics is the design and positioning of the mid-range Nokia Lumia 720, but we also cover the Xbox release schedule and some recent Windows Phone marketing initiatives. We finish, as usual, with some app picks, including some thoughts on the new Facebook beta.
Download the MP3 file for this podcast (Size: 35.4MB)
This podcast was recorded on Thursday 2nd May 2013.
In this podcast we cover:
- IDC numbers shows smartphones out shipping feature phones
- Kantar data shows Windows Phone at 7% market share in the UK
- Gallery: Nokia Lumia 720
- Nokia Lumia 720 camera introduction and sample images
- Nokia Lumia 720 goes on sale around the world
- Original Angry Birds updated and goes free for a limited time
- Microsoft says "Don't fight. Switch." in latest advert for Windows Phone
- Creating a virtuous cycle of positive PR for Windows Phone
- App picks: Find Me Coffee and Facebook Beta