AAWP Insight #69: Halo and HERE
Published by Rafe Blandford at
In episode 69 of the AAWP Insight Podcast, hosted by Ewan and Rafe, we start by discussing the general status of the Windows Phone ecosystem and Nokia's Q2 2013 results. Ewan then offers his view on the arrival of Microsoft's Halo gaming brand on Windows Phone and there's also a quick mention for FIFA 2013. In the latter part of the podcast the focus is on the recent updates to Nokia's HERE products and touch briefly on the roll out of the Windows Phone 8 GDR 2 update.
Download the MP3 file for this podcast (Size: 36.7MB)
This podcast was recorded on Monday 22nd July 2013.
In this podcast we cover:
- Nokia Q2 2013 results - Lumia sales up against mixed background
- Kantar data shows Windows Phone at 6.8% market share in Europe
- Halo: Spartan Assault now available for Windows Phone 8
- The Halo effect of a Windows Phone exclusive
- Review: FIFA 13 (Xbox Live)
- What percentage of apps are incompatible with 512MB RAM devices?
- HTC 8XT goes on sale with Sprint (US)
- HERE Drive set to add traffic and My Commute feature
- Nokia's HERE Transit gets new look and expanded non-Nokia device availability
- HTC 8X and 8S Windows Phone GDR2 over-the-air update commences
- Windows Phone GDR2 starts shipping on newly manufactured devices
- Hear all of Nokia's sound with the Nokia Design Team on SoundCloud