The key hardware specifications include quad-band 3G connectivity (HSDPA Cat 10 - 14.4 MBps, HSUPA Cat 6 - 5.76 Mbps), 8MP camera, a 1.4GHz processor with 512MB of RAM and 16GB of on board memory.
The 8 megapixel camera has a f2.2 aperture (the largest ever in a Nokia mobile device), super-wide angle optics (designed in a collaboration between Nokia and Carl Zeiss) and a next generation LED flash (20% brighter than Nokia's previous models), promising superior image and video capture, a hallmark of Nokia's high end smartphones.
The Nokia 800 will ship first in the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands, Hong Kong, India, Russia, Taiwan and Singapore will follow later in 2011. A 'new range of products' will ship in the US in early 2012 and in China in the first half of 2012. The first shipments of the Nokia 800 start immediately. The Nokia World keynote including a live stream from Nokia's Salo factory (in Finland) which showed the first devices being shipped.
The design and styling of the Nokia 800 is similar to that of the Nokia N9, but there are some important differences. The Nokia 800 adds a camera capture key (lower right hand side) and the three standard Windows Phone buttons (back, home and search) along the bottom of the screen.
Introductory design video
Key hardware features
- 116.5 x 61.2 x 12.5mm, 142g in weight, 76cc in volume; monoblock touch form factor
- Unibody design, made out of a single piece of machined polycarbonate
- Processor: 1.4GHz with GPU co-processor (Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon with Adreno 205) , RAM: 512MB
- 3.7" AMOLED ClearBlack Dsiplay touchscreen; 800 x 480 pixels resolution (WVGA)
- 8 megapixel auto-focus camera (with LED flash); Carl-Zeiss optics; video capture at 1280 x 720p (HD - 720p at 30 frames per second).
- Integrated GPS with location support for A-GPS, WLAN and Cell-ID location techniques
- Compass (magnetometer), accelerometer, proximity and ambient light sensors
- microUSB (USB 2.0) for PC connectivity and charging
- 3.5mm audio out
- 1450mAh integral battery
- WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100 (quadband 3G) and GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 (HSDPA Cat 10 - 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA Cat 6 - 5.76 Mbps)
- WiFi: WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 2.1
- 16GB mass memory
- Available Q4 2011 in Black, Cyan, and Magenta
- In box contents: Nokia 800, Nokia Connectivity and Charging Cable (CA-185CD), Nokia Headset (WH-902), Nokia High Efficiency Charger (AC-16) and slimline case (to match phone colour).
Key software features:
- Runs Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) with Nokia customisations
- Nokia Drive - worldwide car navigation service. Maps can be downloaded over the air or pre-loaded. Optimised for landscape orientation usage.
- Nokia Music (20 countries) and 'Mix radio' (12 countries); also contains Gig Finder
- Coming soon: ESPN Sports Hub, which is unique to Nokia, for keeping up to date with scores, teams and players.