AAWP Insight #59: MWC and GDC (games, games, games)
Published by Rafe Blandford at
Episode 59 of the AAWP Insight Podcast, hosted by Ewan and Rafe, starts with Ewan's cultural references and a quick app competition plea. But it's not long before we dive into some final MWC related coverage. The second half of the show is all about games, prompted by a number of announcements from the Games Developer Conference in San Francisco, and we ask whether the arrival of middleware support heralds a new dawn for gaming on Windows Phone 8.
Download the MP3 file for this podcast (Size: 41.2MB)
This podcast was recorded on Friday 29th March 2013.
In this podcast we cover:
- Vote for the AAWP app in Nokia's March App Madness competition
- MWC coverage (trends from the show, role of apps, platform heterogeneity, venue, converging industries)
- Unity Technologies announces Unity 4 open beta for Windows Phone 8
- Fling Theory is a positive physics-based puzzler
- The gaming demand is simple: Orcs Must Survive
- Temple Run dashes on to Windows Phone 8
- 6th Planet offers Lunar Lander style arcade action with compelling story
- Catapult Propel Man to dizzying heights on Windows Phone
- Xbox Live's Gravity Guy 2 is a rare Windows Phone 8 premier
- The fight for immortality is here in XBox Live's Chaos Ring
- How do you know he's our King? He's playing 'The Sims: Medieval'
- MOGA Bluetooth games controller SDK to get Windows Phone support
- Select EA Xbox Live titles on sale for a week
- App picks: Live Tile Countdown and Lockscreenizer
- Bing picture of the day archive
- NASA or MOMA