AAWP Insight #58: Apps, Games, and SXSW
Published by Rafe Blandford at
In episode 58 of the AAWP Insight, Podcast Ewan and Rafe start by discussing some recent high profile app additions to the Windows Phone Store (Pandora, United, BBC iPlayer) and the Instagram question. We then move on to games (Gameloft, 10tons, Unity engine, and more), highlighting the increasing strength of Windows Phone 8 in this department. In the last third of the podcast Ewan reports back on his Lumia 620 enabled SXSW experience, and we finish, as usual, with some app picks (although Ewan's gone a bit old school).
Download the MP3 file for this podcast (Size: 36.4MB)
This podcast was recorded on Friday 22nd March 2013.
In this podcast we cover:
- Pandora streaming radio service arrives on Windows Phone (US, AUS, NZ)
- United Airlines app lands on Windows Phone
- #2InstaWithLove app looks to encourage Instagram towards Windows Phone
- Microsoft offering US developers $100 per app cash incentive
- BBC iPlayer arriving for Windows Phone in the "near future"
- The Dark Knight Rises on XBox Live
- The Amazing Spider-Man swings on to Windows Phone 8
- Jump to the rescue in Shark Dash
- 3D Fighter Brotherhood of Violence packs a punch on WP8
- Heroes of Kalevala is a puzzle game with a story based on an epic Finnish poem
- O2 UK selling Nokia Lumia 620 for £129.99 on PAYG
- Nokia promotes Lumia 620 audio and video prowess
- Endomondo Sports Tracker get background GPS support
- Ewan takes the Lumia 620 to SXSW: Part 4